She is a beauty, isn’t she? Tatcha is one of my favorite skincare lines. There are a few staples in her line that I just adore.
Spoiler alert though, this one didn’t live up to the par for me. Yes, I can’t believe that I’m saying it, but it didn’t work… especially for my dry skin type.
First, before I give you all the reasons why it didn’t work, let me tell you, I was so excited for this to come out! Anything that gives you this flawless finish, gorgeous skin, and “blurs, primes, and protects” (tatcha.com) works for me! Who doesn’t want all of that? I was on Sephora.com electronically swiping my card when it first launched. I was ready for this perfect finish.
A little bit about this product:
- It’s $52 for 20g/0.7oz.
- “A skin-protecting, makeup-perfecting primer. This featherlight smoothing balm of pressed silk makes makeup last longer while keeping it out of skin, helping to prevent clogged pores and breakouts.” (www.tatcha.com)
- It is a pinky, pearl color that is supposed to help even out your skin tone.
- You can wear it on your face, eyes, and lips.
- It is noncomedogenic.
There were some pros:
- It felt so good on my skin… literally like SILK
- Smells amazing, like their other products within the skincare line
- A little goes a long way
Let’s get into the cons or “why” it didn’t work for me:
- I have dry skin and it didn’t “sit” well on my skin
- When I placed makeup on top of this, it pilled. (I tried a couple of different foundations.)
- My makeup wore off faster…
- It made my makeup look caked and not the beautiful silky, dewy look I love.
- It didn’t seal in hydration. I felt like it made me look more dry.
The only thing I haven’t tried this with yet is as a primer for my eyes and/or lips. I may resort to trying it out for these areas as my eyelids are extremely oily. Maybe this is meant to be for those with more combination/oily skin types, although Tatcha’s website states it is for all skin types. Overall, I’m saddened by this product’s performance for my skin. It has gotten rave reviews from many, but for me, it’s a miss.
Have you tried this product from Tatcha? Did it work for you?
Wishing you all the bright fireflies,